I’m Liz Parker, and thanks for dropping by! Toronto-based LIZPR specialises in publicity for classical musicians and creating their press kits. But if you’re a musician of a different ilk, and like what you see – let’s talk. Whether you’re starting out or a seasoned veteran, you need to look FABULOUS in your promo materials. And the media should know about your gigs, recordings, and other cool projects.
I’m a publicist with vast experience promoting classical musicians and concerts to the media, and I’ve also promoted jazz, world, and folk music. Crazy about makeovers, I ensure my clients look and feel great for their photo shoots; and yes, I offer clothes shopping as a service. I LOVE encouraging musicians to raise their game with their presentation off-stage, to match the magic they create on-stage.
- Publicity Manager, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall
- Public Relations Manager, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
- Associate Producer, CBC Radio Music, Toronto
- Host/interviewer/producer, CBC Radio Music, Vancouver
- Communications Manager, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Doctorate, “Fashion Television”; “What Not To Wear”; “How to Look Good Naked”; “Style by Jury”
- Diploma, Radio Broadcast Communications, BC Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Music, University of British Columbia (piano, voice)
- Licentiate, Trinity College of London (piano performance)
- Associate, Royal Conservatory of Toronto, Gold Medallist (piano)
Career mentoring in PR:
- Since 2008: guest speaker, Royal Conservatory of Music, oratorio class
- Since 2007: guest speaker, University of Toronto, piano pedagogy class
- Since 2006: sponsor, University of Toronto, Extern Job Shadowing Program
- To refine your image in your promotional materials - you're worth investing in, and you need great materials to have an edge over the others!
- To leave you with some administrative skills to further your career!
- To keep the media looped in on your fabulous projects!