I’m a Toronto-based branding and social media consultant for (mainly) classical musicians. I’ve done media relations since 1996. Now I’m focussing on branding and image consulting. A complete list of what I do is located in the “LIZPR Services” tab.
I love promoting projects on Facebook and Twitter. I take a “gonzo journalism” approach and inject some impishness in my commentary.
Coordinating, styling, and directing photo shoots are what I’m known for. I’ll identify your best image, and be your vanity police. Meaning, no unflattering outfits and no double chins. I’ll ensure you look awesome and that your photos are workable for today’s marketing.
Photo at right: Heidi hired me for a shop trip for the dress, and all the accessories are my own. Click for credits.
View my work experience...
- Publicity Manager, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall
- Public Relations Manager, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
- Associate Producer, CBC Radio Music, Toronto
- Host/interviewer/producer, CBC Radio Music, Vancouver
- Communications Manager, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
STUDIES AND PRACTICE:
- Honorary Doctorate via hours of viewing “Fashion Television”; “What Not To Wear”; “How to Look Good Naked”; “Style by Jury”
- Diploma, Radio Broadcast Communications, BC Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Music, University of British Columbia (piano, voice)
- Licentiate, Trinity College of London (piano performance)
- Associate, Royal Conservatory of Toronto, Gold Medallist (piano)
- Since 2013: guest speaker, National Association of Teachers for Singing (U of T SNATS)
- Since 2009: guest speaker, National Orchestra Academy of Canada
- Since 2008: guest speaker, Royal Conservatory of Music
- Since 2007: guest speaker, University of Toronto (music)
- Since 2006: sponsor, University of Toronto, Extern Job Shadowing Program